My Ten Key Essentials to Get Myself Summer Ready




Now that summer is upon us (at least for those of us on this side of the world), I thought I'd share the ten top things that make me feel ready to hit the shore or pool. These are my essentials!

These ten items are for EVERYONE... no matter your size, age, or... whatever. Just get out there and have a great time. You deserve it!

Number 1:

Sunless Tanning. I know, I know... I can almost hear you huffing and puffing about the sunless tan. The smell. The inconvenience. The mess. The HORROR!

However, unless you've been under a rock, as of late, sunless tanning companies have taken huge strides to bring us more user friendly versions of their products.

We can't get away from the fact that beautifully tanned skin aids in camouflaging many imperfections that we just can't hide during the summer. (Well, we could... but, it would be really hot and uncomfortable.)

Skin imperfections, like the appearance of cellulite, broken blood vessels, spider veins, and wrinkles. Not to mention that a rich tan can also make us to appear up to 10 pounds thinner! Love that!

However, we know that the harmful rays of the sun also aid in causing premature wrinkling and sunspots. As well as skin cancer. Boooo!

So, suffice to say, that extensive "sunbathing" is really no longer an option for us.

There are many top rated self tanners out there. And, they don't have to cost an arm and a leg.

Here's a few of the top rated self tanners on the market:

Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner. (You can check it out at tanphysics.com.)

Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel. (Ulta Beauty)

Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun. (Walgreens or Ulta Beauty) This is what I'm currently using, and LOVE!

San Tropez Self Tan Express. (Ulta Beauty)

Tan Towel. (Kohl's, Amazon, and Ulta Beauty)

Number 2:
This pair is amazing! And, can be found at https://topfoxx.com. The name of these are Candy Sunnies in Rose Gold.

A really (and, I mean REALLY) awesome pair of shades! Not only are sunglasses a major fashion statement, but, there are real benefits to our wearing them. It has been found by the Glaucoma Research Foundation that prolonged and long term exposure to the sun's UV rays contributes to cataracts. Not to mention that the involuntary squinting that we can't help but to do when our eyes are not shaded, causes premature wrinkling. Who wants crow's feet? Not I!

Number 3:
This awesomeness comes from LifeHasJustBegun on Etsy.com

A sun hat. Pretty self explanatory, I know. But, gone are the days of the frumpy, ugly, beach hat. You can go to any store and find one that suits your personality. And, not to mention, they are very inexpensive in most places. Sun hats have really come into fashion, again. And, that's a good thing. They really help to reduce the UV rays hitting our decollete, and our face, which are areas we certainly want to keep as youthful looking for as long as possible. Not to mention, our hair. Especially if you color treat. There's nothing more frustrating than spending money to color your hair, only to find that it fades super quickly in the sun.

Number 4:
This amazing rashguard can be found at www.cabanalife.com.

Beachwear with UV protection. If you're a surfer, body boarder, paddle boarder, or enjoy any other water sport that causes you to spend extensive time in the waves, this is what you need. I'm a water baby. So, my summer is spent in the water... not, laying on the shore. It's nearly impossible to keep sunblock on your skin when you are perpetually in the blue stuff. This type of beachwear keeps you looking extremely fashion forward, as well as aids in protecting your skin from the harm of UV rays. Not to mention, if you're someone who doesn't feel comfortable showing your upper arms, this is a great remedy!

Number 5:
www.shophemline.com

An awesome beach bag. How else will you get everything you need down to the shore? Stylish and heavy duty, these beauties crafted from jute, grass, or canvas, can hold a load. And, that's a good thing. Not to mention the style factor. So, forego the flimsy, little bags. Go with something substantial and make sure it has decorative elements to it.

Number 6: 
Can be found at Walgreens, or most drugstore beauty counters.

A tinted BB Cream with sunscreen. The wonderful thing about a tinted BB Cream, or "blemish balm," is that it disguises blemishes, soothes and moisturizes the skin, and contains SPF. And, in some cases, may even contain anti-aging properties. I use this one, from Rimmel. And, I LOVE it. It gives me a little color without the feeling of wearing a foundation to the beach. It wears really well, in and out of the water. And, I get the benefits of having an SPF, along with anti-aging ingredients. I feel put together, even in the water.

Number 7:

Vivid, bright nails on your fingers AND toes!  You can't dismiss how great you feel when your fingers and toes look pretty and well kept. Spring and Summer is the time to peel off the woolly layers of socks, and the thigh high boots, and let the little piggies out to play. It just feels good to have a little fun color on your tips. So, go for it!

My favorite colors are in the blue shades. And, I wear white, a lot!

Number 8:
I purchase my Rimmel Bronzer at Walgreens. However, you can find this wherever Rimmel is sold.

Bronzer. Since we are not sunning our face. And, self tanners usually don't work too well on our facial skin (unless we purchase a self tanner specifically formulated for our face), we need to add a little natural glow to our cheeks, forehead, and top of our nose. All the points where the sun would have naturally kissed us. I apply this one right on top of my BB Cream, before I step out the door. Just a small amount to give me a little something extra. And, it's waterproof. YAAAAS!

Number 9:


EOS Lip Balm. Don't question... just trust me. It's amazeballs! Some of them even have an SPF of 15.

Number 10:
Pic from Pinterest... no viable link.

Teeth Whitening Strips. Yes! For real! There's nothing more youthful than a white smile. Pair that with a bronzed face... beautiful! I'm not even going to get into all the different types of whitening there is out there. I use Crest Strips, myself.

With all of the coffee, tea, and wine I drink, I need to whiten. I certainly notice a difference when I don't.

So, that's it! The ten things that I, personally, utilize to feel beautiful and summer ready. Let me know what your favorite summer "go to's" are.

If you enjoyed this post, please leave me a brief comment, letting me know. It means a lot to know that people are enjoying the content I provide.

Also, keep a look out for several up and coming artisan interviews!

XO

Comments

Popular Posts